Published January 25, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for Brampton and the surrounding area, with approximate amounts of 15 to 20 cm of snow expected on Wednesday, January 25 to Thursday, January 26.
The City of Brampton has a real-time snow removal map that residents can check but before we get to that here is how you can help during snow falls.
- Clear your sidewalks by 11 am the day after a snowfall. This helps ensure the safety of yourself and others. When the City receives a complaint about sidewalks not cleared, an Enforcement Officer will investigate and may issue an Order to Comply, directing the property owner or occupant to take immediate action to clear the sidewalk. Failing to comply may result in the issuance of a $250 penalty notice and the City may perform the work at your expense.
- Move your parked cars. On-street parking permits are not valid during a snowfall. Parked cars prevent plows from clearing roads quickly and efficiently.
- Please be patient! City crews maintain more than:
- 4,053+ lane kilometers of roads
- 1,009+ kilometers of sidewalk fronting city owned properties
- 2,556+ transit stops
- 205 kilometers of recreation trails
- 189+ school crossing locations
- 86 city facility parking lots
- Drive according to conditions, stay alert, slow down and make sure you have a winter driving emergency kit.
The City of Brampton provides regular updates on its road snow clearing program through its website.
On the site, you can find out general information about what operations have already taken place following a snowfall, as well as being able to monitor ongoing activities.
The site will also let you report a snow issue or concern.
If you want to drill down further, the Brampton Plow Tracker provides a street-by-street guide in real time on what snow removal activity has taken place throughout the city and includes both map and satellite views.
insauga’s Editorial Standards and Policies
Subscribe now to receive our daily email of today’s top stories in your city!